Friday, December 9, 2011

[VIDEO] George Deeb Teaches Financial Modeling

Posted By: George Deeb - 12/09/2011

Share

& Comment

Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of mentoring the inaugural class of entrepreneurs at Founder Institute Chicago.  Below is a video of the lesson I taught on "Revenues, Costs and Profits".  I thought it would be useful to the Red Rocket Blog readers, as well.

This lesson helps entrepreneurs get started with business planning, revenue modeling and financial projections, in a conservative and credible way that should help startups attract investors.  The lesson provides high level guidance on: (i) how to make money; (ii) how to build a financial model; (iii) how to scale expenses; (iv) how to attract investors; and (v) how to set key metrics for ongoing success.



George Deeb Teaches "Revenues, Costs & Profits" to Founder Institute Class from George Deeb on Vimeo.

I hope you enjoyed this video (despite the bad lighting).  And, if you desire to see more "how to" videos in the future, let me know in the comments field, and I can build some into my editorial calendar.

For future posts, please follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/georgedeeb.

Red Rocket is a featured contributor on entrepreneurship for many trusted business sites:

Copyright 2011- Red Rocket Partners, LLC