Content Promotion Feedback Loops
1. Tweet it.
2. Targeted sharing: mention people who will love the article.
3. After you tweet, follow a few people who are interested in the topic.
4. Tweet a quote from the content.
5. Mystery Tweet
6. Near future tweets
7. Distant future tweets
8. Tweet at 9:57 or 10:03, just before or just after the hour
9. Post it late at night, or during off hours
10. Make sharing easier with Click to Tweet buttons.
11. Pin it to the top of your Twitter feed.
12. Post on Facebook.
13. Post on LinkedIn.
14. Post it on Google+.
15. Cross the streams.
16. Meta-promotion / Feedback loop.
17. Share it in LinkedIn Groups.
18. Share it in Facebook Groups and Google+ Communities.
19. Post on Reddit.
20. Pin it on Pinterest.
21. Try older networks.
22. Answer a related question on Quora.
23. Post a summary on niche social sites.
24. Syndicate on LinkedIn.
25. Syndicate on Mention.com.
26. Social Media Automation
27. More Social Media Automation
28. Use Buffer to test possible email subject lines.
30. Send an “In case you missed it” follow-up email.
31. Email it directly to high-value contacts.
32. List growth: the subscription box.
33. List growth: personal invitations.
34. Prevent list shrinkage: LinkedIn.
Search Engine Optimization
35. Align the post with a keyphrase.
36. Use related phrases in the article.
37. Link to the post from other posts.
More Ways to Promote Your Content
38. Put it on your homepage.
39. Put it on your thank you page.
40. Put it in your email signature.
41. Mention it in presentations, webinars, podcasts.
42. Mention it in sales and other meetings.
43. Include others in the article, then email them encouraging them to share.
44. Guest blogging: mention your article in a new post for another website.
45. Facebook and Twitter Ads
48. Native advertising
49. Include it in a roundup of related posts.
50. Reformat and republish
Content quality rules, but…